Sunday, August 28, 2011

Let me introduce to you, Felicity Virginia Loyd!







Despite our lack of consistency of posting I made it to our due date and a little past before we had out little girl. Our little Felicity Virginia Loyd was born on August 18, 2011 at 8:18am and weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 20.5 inches long.

She made her grand entrance after about 18 hours of labor, and all I have to say is giving birth is hard work! My water broke in at my midwife appointment around 10:30 am on the 17th. She told us to go home get our things, eat some lunch and head over to the hospital. Although we were 5 days past my due date I was in shock the whole way home. I was not having regular contractions yet. We made it over to the hospital around 2pm and things slowly progressed from there. I did not start having regular and more intense contractions till later that night. Things are getting a bit hazy but I think it was close to 10pm when things started to kick into gear. My nurses and midwife were so amazing and I had an even better coach! Brady was the perfect coach. I know I could not have done it without him!

Around 6:30am I was feeling so exhausted and was in a lot of pain. I hit that wall people talk about and sure enough my midwife checked me and I was ready to start pushing. Woohoo! Everything changed when I heard that! I felt like I could do anything. Brady and I both felt a rush of adrenaline! I pushed for a little over an hour until we met our daughter. Our midwife was kind enough to let Brady catch her too. I just remember pushing and then hearing everyone tell me to look at my daughter... I opened my eyes and had to open them wider and wider because I couldn't believe she was actually here! She had strong cry that our family and friends could hear outside the door. There were tears of joy all around!

Once everyone was able to join us in the delivery room we announced her name which we had been keeping a secret. Felicity Virginia Loyd is named after one of her great grandmother's whose middle name was also Virginia. Felicity was chosen because we both thought it was a beautiful name that is not over used. I hope she likes it as much as we do!


No comments:

Post a Comment