
Missed another week. Everyone makes mistakes.
Melissa continues to find herself pretty exhausted most days. Apparently growing a human takes a lot of energy. I got to experience a little of what it is like to be 36 weeks pregnant at our birthing class a week or so ago. We had an "empathy belly" that I got to wear. I was pretty tired after wearing it for only a few minutes. It just reminded me of how amazingly strong Melissa is and has been through this whole process!
Melissa is also finding it a bit more difficult to get and stay comfortable at night. Last night I woke up to her just sitting straight up in bed...just sitting. It was like a scene out of a bad horror movie. I was just waiting for her head to spin all the way around or something. I asked if she was okay and she said she couldn't decide which side to sleep on.
The baby's room is coming along. She now has a changing table, glider and crib with mattress. Melissa sewed some curtains for her room as well. She still has a couple other projects for the nursery she plans to get done before our passenger's arrival as well. I think she's right in the middle of that nesting stage.
We went to the doctor again today and everything looks great. The baby's heartbeat is good (about 135 beats per minute), she is laying head down and Melissa's belly was measuring at 35 cm, which is right where she is supposed to be. Everything looks great! Let's hope and pray that all of that continues for the next 3-7 weeks (hopefully not 7).
We'll try to be better about posting every week for the next 5, but I make no promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment