Felicity seems so much older than she did even just a month ago. She crawls like an expert now, pulls to stand everywhere, takes little steps while holding onto something, and babbles all the time now. Her most frequent babble is "dada," which her daddy is so very proud of. The other day it sounded like she said, "yeah dad." He liked that one too.
Sleep is still going well. It got a little tricky when she first learned to pull up. She would stir a little, wake up, pull to stand and just stand there crying for a really long time. She is now used to the new skill and does not feel the need to stand up in her crib every waking moment. I was thankful it was just a phase.
I can also tell she is getting older by how she falls asleep these days. Previously, she would always cry for a few minutes before going to sleep if I laid her down awake, but all of sudden she no longer cries when I lay her in the crib! She just calmly watches me walk out the room and talks herself to sleep, which I must admit, is much more pleasant for all of us.
Felicity also has four teeth now. She has both her front top and front bottom teeth. She was a trooper getting them in. She was a little fussy here and there and lost her appetite for a few days, but the whole ordeal was not too bad. It would be great if the rest were as easy. I think seeing her with teeth is part of what is making her seem so old these days!
I have heard a few people say that nine months is their favorite age and I am starting to see why. She is picking up on little games and her laugh is just contagious! Brady and her started playing chase the other day and I uploaded a sweet video of them playing. So cute! This morning I was crawling on the floor chasing her and she would turn around and laugh so hard at me. We would just sit there laughing at one another. We are just so in love with her!
I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mommy this year! I told my mom that morning that I felt like I had earned a Mother's Day this year, and she reminded me that I will earn it EVERY year. No doubt that is true. I was remembering as a child I would ask my parents why there wasn't a "kids day." They would say, "Everyday is kid's day." I never really understood that then, but now it is perfectly clear. :) Everyday is most definitely kid's day.
We had a really nice Mother's Day at Brady's parents house. My parents joined us there and we all had brunch together. Reilly, Felicity's cousin, was so cute and wanted to feed Felicity during brunch. We got a cute video of below. I think I have written this before, but Reilly is Felicity's favorite. Felicity was acting like she didn't want to eat anymore until Reilly started to feed her. Felicity proceeded to eat and eat and eat as long as Reilly held the spoon. It was cute!
I like my books.
Don't let static stop you.
I have one front tooth and the other is about to pop through!!
"Mom and Dad got me a swing."
"It's okay... I guess. They really want me to like it."
Reilly feeding Felicity.
I like to empty this cabinet.
Playing with Dad.
She is adorable and definitely getting so big! I love that video of her being chased by Brady! haha!
ReplyDelete