Happy New Year! Felicity rang in the New Year asleep while we ordered in some wings and celebrated at home. We hope your year is going well so far! We didn't make any resolutions over here but I am hoping Felicity's resolution is to sleep 8 hours in a row:) We are getting closer. She went 7 hours one night, 6 the next and then five the night after that. It may not sound like much, but that was big step for us! I wish it had lasted longer than three nights, but at least we know she CAN do it. I know we will get there eventually.
This has been a month of firsts for Felicity. We celebrated Felicity's first Christmas with lots of family up at Crooked Creek Ranch in Winter Park. It was perfect like always and even more fun to celebrate with our daughter. She was pretty popular up there, especially with her second cousins, Zoe and Caleb.
This has been a month of firsts for Felicity. We celebrated Felicity's first Christmas with lots of family up at Crooked Creek Ranch in Winter Park. It was perfect like always and even more fun to celebrate with our daughter. She was pretty popular up there, especially with her second cousins, Zoe and Caleb.
This also marked the month that Felicity got her first flu bug. It was awful and scary. Felicity was throwing up off and on for two days. Luckily we already had an appointment with her doctor for her four month check up the same day she got sick. She told us how to check if Felicity was dehydrated. Thankfully she never got so dehydrated that we needed to go to the hospital, but you better believe her mother was compulsively checking to make sure.
That bug went all the way through the family including two of Felicity's aunts, one uncle, two grandpas, one grandma, one cousin and her mom and dad. Felicity and Brady both got sick the same night. I ended up calling my mom to come over and help me take care of my family that night. I don't know what I would do without her! Then I got sick once they were both better.
Felicity also started rolling over on purpose this month. She had rolled over quite a few times before, but it is very clear that she is now doing it on purpose. She no longer looks surprised afterwards, but pleased with herself. Tummy time doesn't last long anymore either. She is also really close to rolling over the other way, back to tummy. I think she could if she wanted to, but she has been pretty entertained on her back.
It has also become clear that Felicity loves music. She does not like being in the car without music playing these days. It now happens almost every car ride, she cries until we put on some music. It has started to feel quite comical to us. Felicity's preference for music playing is also starting to be proven true at home. Any activity is entertaining for longer if there is music on. I think she may be her daddy's daughter! I woke up this morning to the two of them listening to Russian church music. :)
Felicity also got her four month shots. That wasn't fun, but I believe it always more traumatic for me than her. Brady had to be the one to hold her while they did it this time. I just can't take it. She also came down with a slight fever from the shots this time, another first.
Loving being this girl's parents!



No comments:
Post a Comment